Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Boy Drama

     I asked Romeo to our school's winter formal today. He said yes, but only as friends, and made it pretty clear he didn't like me in a romantic way. So I wrote him a letter.
     Dear Romeo,
     Alright, so I get it. You don't like me like that. I kinda figured, you know, but a girl can hope and that's what I was doing. You didn't outright reject me though. So, I'll just get on with this.
     Thanks for agreeing to go with me as friends, and thanks for being nice about it. I appreciate that. Did you notice my save-face when you said "I'll go with you as friends" and I chirped "Of course, that's what I meant!"? Just a hint for ya: whenever I'm talking that high pitched and chipper, I'm being fake and probably lying through my teeth.
     Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I consider you my friend first, crush second, so I'm not going to freak out. I respect that you don't like me like that and I'm not going to try and force you to feel any different. I'm happy to be your friend and if that's all I'll ever be then I'll learn to accept it and move on. I want you to be happy, really. So, I understand and I'm not mad. A little disappointed, yeah, but I'm cool overall. I'll be fine.
     Will I keep liking you, waiting in the wings for you to maybe, possibly feel the same? Probably. Do I feel a bit 'Forever Alone'? You betcha. I'll get over it though. Just give me one night to play my music really loudly, to stomp around, and to write long lettters, and you'll see me tommorow at school with my happy face securely in place. I'm good at that. I'm a freaking master of faking a good mood. If there was a degree for that, I'd have a PhD. But I'll be fine. Don't mind me.
<3,
Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment