Saturday, January 21, 2012

Musical. Ah, Musical.

     I spent all day at musical rehearsal. My school's putting on Footloose, and I'm cast as a high school student and a member of Cowboy Bob's band (the guy who dances with Rusty and gets into a fight with Willard at the club). More on that in a sec. So, I was in the girl's dressing room, putting on my boots or whatever, and one of the stage managers walks in. This kid's a junior, and we'll call him Dack. Dack walks in on some very important stage-manager buisness. May I repemphasize that this is the girl's dressing room. All the girls shriek and yell at him to get out. He just rolls his eyes and yells
     "I don't even like girls!" Dack walks to the computer, effectivley shutting everyone up.
     "Are you seriously gay?" asks my friend. He turns to her and says with a completly straight face,
     "No, I'm comically gay." And walks out.
     I found that freaking hilarious.
     As a member of Cowboy Bob's band, I sing with one other band member, who shall be known as Amina, ans Cowboy Bob, played by Tim. Well, his name isn't actually Tim, but that's what I call him. Long story. So, we three decided to make up backstories for our characters so that Amina and I aren't just faceless backup singers. We actually have personalities.
     The story is this: all three of us are related (brother and sisters?). Tim is the douchebag cowboy who sleeps with everyone and has seven illegitimate children, and has to pay so much is child support that we have to go perform in country bars for him to pay it off. Amina is mad at him because he hits on so many girls. I am the ditzy younger sister. It's friggin hilarious and I love acting it.
     The original storyline was that Amina was mad at Tim because he slept with her boyfriend. Now that would have been interesting. But I had fun being ditzy. We've got it blocked so that whenever we move, Amina takes my hand and guides me around the bar, because I'm apparently too dumb to find my own way.
     And that, parents, is why you should let your childern audition for their high school's musical. They can practice acting to stupid to walk around a bar unattended.
<3,
Lani

1 comment:

  1. I love Dack. That's the greatest thing ever.

    I'm totally trying out for the next musical just so a possibly gay guy will walk in on me changing.

    It sounds weird when I put it that way.

    ReplyDelete