Sunday, January 15, 2012

Everyone's Running From Something

     I went to my sister's dance recital today. It might not seem like a big thing, but remeber, I danced for ten years before I quit because I was being bullied my my two best friends. As such, I've got some emotional scars when it comes to dancing.
     Thank you, mother, for forcing me to rip them open today. Honestly, it cold have been worse. I only had to talk to one person from the studio, and the people who were awful to me don't dance there anymore. Still, it kinda sucked to have to sit in the audience, watching the dancers and thinking 'I can do that. I kind of want to do that again.' So that was painful, and my dad kept interrogating me about crap afterwards, apparently not noticing how hard I was trying not to cry. I spent the car ride home quietly being an emotional mess. Once I made it home, I went for a run. I hate running, but I do it anyways becasue it helps my riding, I can spend time with my dad, and it will hopefully get rid of the fat in stomach and butt, although I refer to my stomach fat as a 'protective covering for my rock-hard abs', and the last time I was running at the track, a couple of guys drove by and yelled out the window that I had a nice ass.
     ANYWAYS. I went for a run that was somewhere between three and five miles. I ran along a fairly busy street, which made me nervous because my parents have trained me to be paranoid, then in a park by my house where I saw Romeo's mother and sister, then back home through a really big neighborhood that has a bridge. I had fun runnign down the bridge. But I feel better now, even though I'm going to be sore as hell tommorow.
Here, have a picture of my bright yellow running shoes. They make me happy.

     On an unrelated note, I have my first follower! I love you, Ninja! :)
<3,
Lani
Edit: Damn, I keep forgetting to put titles! This title is a lyric from 'Rusty Halo' by The Script.

No comments:

Post a Comment