Friday, June 8, 2012

Geeking Out. The Usual.

HOLY-SHIT-Y'ALL. 1007 pageviews lolwut? Um, thanks guys! I love you very much! Um, so, if you read this and you don't me, could you please leave me a comment so I can meet you? I've enable it so you can comment even if you don't have a Google account. Thanks! ^_^

In other news, ohmigoodness this. It links to a video of Nunc Dimittis performed by the goup Voces8. Ah, so amazing. *dies* That 1st tenor solo is flawless, I swear.

I wish I could sing like that 1st soprano. Beautiful. (The other voices are amazing as well, I just tend to pick out the 1st soprano part because that's what I sing.)

The harmony is so amazing and pefect and whycan'tmychoirsoundlikethis.

Why yes, I am geeking out over classical music.

Now I'm listening to The Queen of the Night aria. You've probably heard part of it. Goodness grief so high. The particular version I'm listening to is by Diana Damrau. Someday I will be able to sing like her! Someday! Lol no I won't I'm nowhere near that amazing. Seriously though, her control, and range of course, plus the parts where she sings those runs a cappella.... O_O

And then I found this. Which is the same super-hard aria. Sung by a fourteen-year old boy. His high notes are simply fantastic. *cry* I'm so inferior.

</3,
Lani

3 comments:

  1. RaeRae the JetplaneJune 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM

    Lani! It's RaeRae! Thanks for letting me post comments, because I check you and Zena's blogs daily for updates, and always have so much to say but can't.
    SO ANYWAYS: My darling, you sing like an angel. Far from inferior!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RaeRae the JetplaneJune 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM

    AHH forgot the most important part of what I wanted to say ---> ADHD's fault!!
    You're soo right, OMIFREAKINGOD the little boy is INSANELY GOOD. I remember hearing that aria once on a music Leapster game I had. Only it was a lady dressed as a parrot singing it....
    Love ya to the moon and back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more into Chopin. His fantasy impromput is absoulutly georgous. Yes I am aware that my spelling is horrid.

    ReplyDelete