Friday, June 22, 2012

Small Victories

Guys? Guys. Guess what I just did. I just ordered takeout from a restraunt over the phone. I am very proud of myself right now.

See, Mom didn't feel like cooking today, so she wanted to order from my friend's parents' restraunt, which I was cool with. She wanted takeout too, which I was also cool with, because that meant I got to eat restraunt food, but at home. Then she wanted me to order, which I was not cool with.

Me: You realize that you are asking me to interact with other people?
Mom: Lani, it's over the phone.
Me: But I don't know how to order takeout over the phone!
Mom: See! It's a perfect opportunity to learn then!
Me: But... I have to talk to people.
Mom: Get what ever you want. And two orders of Pad Thai.
Me: I AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS!

So, I called, ordered, and it was completely ordinary. The guy I was talking to could understand me and vice versa, I could readily answer all of the questions he asked, and there was no awkwardness at all!

Sorry if this seems pointless, but I do go to great lengths to avoid interacting with people I don't know, so this was a small victory for me.

HOLD ON I HEAR VOICES DOWNSTAIRS WHAT THE FUCK. GOING TO CHECK IT OUT WITH A KNIFE BRB.

It was just my dad getting home. That makes me sound really paranoid, but I was unaware that he was coming home today. He takes so many business trips that I've stopped keeping track of when he's not here. Which is kind of sad, now that I think about it.

Anyways.

Um, bye, I guess. Love y'all.

<3,
Lani

1 comment: